Thursday 11 July 2013

Never Judge before Listening.❤

Do you know what really bothers me?
Judgement and Arrogance. Especially when it comes to music, since music is now practically my life..
So the thing is, people shouldn't be comparing music to one another and saying 'My music is better than your music' or 'My band is better than your band' because generally everyone has his own taste and you can't control what he likes. 

Secondly, I hate it when people 'judge' a band because of their looks BEFORE listening to their music?! What tells you it's a bad band if you haven't killed your pride and JUST listened? I mean, I killed mine and listened and I don't regret a thing. I was a directioner when I started actually taking music a bit more serious, I only limited myself with music that plays on the radio and not bothering taking a shot and trying another genres. But one day I did. On youtube, I listened to Black Veil Brides. Firstly their look was kinda..New. But when I listened to them I fell in love and soon I was into Bring Me The Horizon and others. And lets say, I didn't like 1D at all anymore.

Once you listen to rock/metal/pop music it's hard to go back to 'soft' songs.
And truthfully, their songs hold so much spirit and meaning than any other songs. It's quite weird how the society actually prefers artists like Lady GaGa and Nicki Minaj over something that's actually more descent. Like really, most artists today are typical and easy to predict. While bands like Pierce the veil always surprise you. 

My only wish, is people to listen. Just that. Listen. It wouldn't kill. Oh and of course not to judge so quickly.
I had a friend once, she was a directioner like me and I decided to introduce her to My bands. Firstly, she thought they were creepy until she listened and now she's one hell of an SWS fan! Haha! I guess I nailed it! And of course I kept going until my brother too became a huge BVB obsessor. 
Do you know how I did that? Well, it took me only 10 minutes and three BVB songs. And PAW! haha!
You should try it. Just don't force it.

And forget about the preppy haters, I bet there's a lot at school, because I know the feel.  DON'T let them judge you based on how you look or your taste in music, you're not existed to make them like you. Actually, be proud. They're the losers who listen to meaningless songs.
I don't see how Nicki Minaj could make a better idol than lets say, Black Veil Brides or Tokio Hotel.
It's just a weird, racial society we live in and YOU need to hang in there and stick to what YOU think makes you feel good. Because in the end you've only got yourself..And God of course.
So never Back down 

"Never Give In, Never Back Down, When your life feels lost, fight against all odds!" -Black Veil Brides;Never Give In.

No comments:

Post a Comment